Risk Management and Office Safety Info
- Here’s information about Antibiotic Prophylaxis in dental offices you might find helpful (from the ADA): Antibiotic Prophylaxis Prior to Dental Procedures
- OSHA requires than all offices with more than 10 employees have a written emergency plan. Here’s a sample of a Emergency plan you might find helpful! It’s compiled from several different sources, including law enforcment sources, the ADA, etc. As with any plans, take out anything you don’t agree with/don’t intend to use.
- For information about Emergency Kits in the dental office, check out these articles for recommendations:
- Click here for information on how often to update a medical history form.
- Here is information about tamper-resistant prescription pads (as required by Medicaid). Please note that your state may have additional requirements: Click here for fact sheet.
- For information about Georgia dental records, check these out.
- Georgia Laws Relating to Patient Records, click here
- Unprofessional Conduct Defined for Georgia (Maintenance of records)
- Here’s a great resource for information about the laws regarding HIV testing in your state: click here