Respiratory Diseases & Protection
- Click here for the Interim Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Dental Settings During the COVID-19 Response
- Click here for information about dealing with healthcare workers who have or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Click here for information on CDC’s transmission based precautions (includes CONTACT, DROPLET, and AIRBORNE precautions). And here is an easy comparison of standard vs. transmission precautions.
- Click here for OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard, which discusses the use of PPE and the need to have a respiratory protection program.
- Click here for CDC guidance on how to put on PPE.
- Here’s great information from 3M about implementing a respiratory protection program. There’s specific information about what is required, links to training videos, fit tests, etc. and it’s a great resource so you can do the program in house.
- Click here for my newest OSHA infection control checklist that considers both bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Click here for information on a great air scrubber/sanitizer for your office. (I don’t endorse this product or get any kickbacks, but we have one in our office and we love it! I did get them to give you a discount if you mention my name, so check it out! If nothing else, you can use the information to compare with other air scrubbers. (Ask for David Heffner 678-938-4110 or [email protected])
- Click here for a simple article on the importance of ventilation in preventing transmission of airborne diseases. He makes the idea easy to understand.