Products and Services
Here you will find proven dental products and services that we have used and found to be reliable and reasonably priced.
Please note that I am not endorsing any listed companies, nor do I own them or get kickbacks, but they are good places to start if you’re comparing prices and trying to find specific information.
- Postexposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Hotline (doctors on call days a week to discuss the need for PEP after a needle stick): (888) 448-4911 or click here for web site
- For new OSHA and HIPAA manuals, call the ADA catalog people at (800) 947-4746 (make sure you provide your ADA number; the prices listed are much higher for non-members.) For OSHA, you want the “Regulatory Compliance Manual”, which includes the update service and a CD ROM that allows you to customize forms (item #S696B, member price $275). The HIPAA compliance kit has the privacy and security information in one manual, plus a 3 yr update service, and the customizable CD ROM,plus a basic HIPAA training DVD which can be used for new employees and for review purposes. The item # is J598 and the price for members is $300. They also have a package that includes the OSHA and HIPAA manuals and all the stuff listed above for $575 (Item # K017… and yes, there is apparently no discount for buying them together).
- For a great lawyer in Georgia (and a nice guy) who deals with dentists and our issues, call Stuart Oberman: Oberman Law
- For Biomedical Waste disposal, be VERY careful before signing up with Stericycle. Read any contracts and proposals very carefully; you don’t want to unintentionally get locked into a contract that will signficantly increase fees unexpectedly. Also, FYI, stericycle has changed THEIR policies about what items can go in sharps containers, NOT the federal regulations. There is NO new federal regulation at this time that states that empty carpules cannot go in sharps containers…that is all Stericycle. Please note that most states allow for empty anesthetic carpules to be disposed of in the regular trash. (Specifically, lidocaine with epi is exempted from P-list specific disposal requirements).
- In Georgia, for sharps disposal, chemical and metal recycling, and just about anything else having to do with waste in Georgia, call MCF Environmental Services, Inc. Phone: 770-593-9434 They will give you a box for your sharps containers and will pick them upon demand, with no regularly scheduled pickup needed. Ask for Kevin at extension 5642, tell him Laney Kay sent you, and get $5 off the regular pickup fee.
- For immediate relief from cold sores for you or your patients, check out Viroxyn: http://www.viroxyn.com/ (It’s amazing how this stuff works…my husband uses it.)
- For a surface disinfectant that’s environmentally friendly AND is strong enough to kill TB in less than a minute, check out BioSurf! Either click here or call for information: (877) 777-3303.
- For products related to waterline testing and maintenance, take a look at this publication by the ADA: waterline ada statement The HPC Total Count Sampler in-office testing kits from Millipore run about $5.50 per test, so check it out!
- To find a location for postexposure HIV/HBV/HCV testing, call 800-232-4636 or try this web site: www.hivtest.org. Many local health departments now offer rapid HIV testing, so consider them, as well.
- For an air cleaning system that kills pathogens and removes harmful chemicals from the air we breathe, call KesAir Technologies and ask for information on the AiroCide. (800) 236-1846 or www.kesair.com . It also gets rid of our “dental office smell”…AMAZING!!!
- (Tell them Laney sent you and you get a discount!)
- Here are some fun, stylish, OSHA-compliant lab jackets that don’t make you look as big as a house! Check them out!” www.maano.net
- MSDS/SDS forms: If you’re missing some forms, here’s a great place to find them and print them out: http://www.ehso.com/msds.php . You can also google the name of the chemical and the manufacturer and find it on the internet. Many of the dental supply companies have all of the available SDS forms for products they carry on their websites, so you can just print them out.
- For a great selection of low-powder / low-protein and / or nitrile gloves to try, call The Glove Club (Colonial Glove Company) (800) 252-2425 and ask for a samples of whatever you want to check out. Another great place to check out gloves is Clinical Supply Co. (800)468-0188.
- Autoclave Testing: For reasonably priced autoclave spore testing (weekly) check out North Bay Bioscience: click here
- For amalgam recycling, check out the following list of amalgam recyclers and see which company works best for you.” click here
- For a painless CPR training session in central Georgia, call Jill at Medical Training Specialists (478) 451-5091.
- You never have to pay for posters in your office. Call the US Department of Labor (1-888-9SB-REFA) or go to the Department of Labor Poster Page and fill out the questionnaire to see which posters you need to print and post: http://www.dol.gov/elaws/posters.htm .